2.02.2009

Aikido Friday Night - 1/30/09

Aikidokas: Tim, Trey, Keith, and Luis (a visitor/student with a Nidan in Ueshiba Aikido).

Ukemi: The usual set. Worked with Keith to keep him on track.

The Walk: As usual.

Releases: None

Techniques:

Ju Nana Hon Kata

Worked with Trey on 11. Kote-hineri, Tenkai-kote-hineri, and Shiho-nage. At then end I relented and made some attacks for Kote gaeshi.

Owaza Ju Pon

No work on this today

Koryu Dai San No Kata - with Trey

Oshi Taoshi - Still must remember to open and not pivot. I made a tweak to uke's arm position on the arm bar and it is much easier and effective now. I need to get the back of uke's hand onto the mat.

Gyakugamae Ate - We did a couple of these at full speed after warming up at slower speed. Fun!

Kote Gaeshi - Bring both hands into my center en route form the first off-balance to the second off-balance. It keeps my center working and encourages a better positioning of my hands.

Ryote Mochi Sukui Nage - Reach up and not toward uke.

Aftermath: Sore quads and knees.

0 comments: