3.10.2008

Friday Night at the Dojo - 3/7/08

Aikidokas: Tim, Randy, Mike, Larry, and Trey.

Ukemi: Full ukemi warmup. Went well. Getting compliments on the big falls.

3 Nanadans running the class. Mike might be a Hachidan, I can't remember.

Mike was there to watch Larry and me run through our demos. He also tweaked some of our etiquette for the demo.

The Walk: Mike counted through this one quickly. He did make some changes to my version. Ack! I don't know if I can successfully incorporate it in two weeks.

Releases: Went ok.

Techniques:

1-17 right-sided for me. We made some adjustments for my Sumi-otoshi that made it much more effective.

1-17 left-sided for Larry, plus 1-5 of Owaza Ju Pon. My wrist got tweaked a little on Shihonage and that threw Larry out of his mindset for the last three. I noticed that he was off a little, but the final three techniques were good.

Owaza Ju Pon went well. I discovered where the soreness in my left calf is coming from. Owaza Ju Pon. I landed half-on/half-off of the additional mat we bring on for the garumas and that caused my calf to let me know it wasn't pleased.

I'm kind of concerned about some of the etiquette things being discussed. They run counter to every demonstration I've seen so far.

Aftermath: Bruised foot is still making its presence known.

0 comments: