3.03.2008

Friday Night at the Dojo 2/29/2008

Aikidokas: Tim, Randy, Mike, Larry, Kim, and Brad.

Ukemi: We arrived a little late, so had to do a quick ukemi session. I think I bruised the area of the foot next to the little toe on my right foot during this.

3 Nanadans running the class. Mike might be a Hachidan, I can't remember.

Mike was there to watch Larry and me run through our demos. He also tweaked some of our etiquette for the demo.

The Walk: Mike counted through this one quickly. He did make some changes to my version. Ack! I don't know if I can successfully incorporate it in two weeks.

Releases: Went ok.

Techniques:

1-17 right-sided for me.

1-17 right-sided for Larry, plus 1-5 of Owaza Ju Pon. I took my first big falls on the new mat during this process. Larry's Hiki-otoshi was a little unsettling. Tim came over and expressed concern for my safety as uke.

We spent a lot of time on Larry's Hiki-otoshi. We also reviewed Waki-gatamae to try and eliminate an early arm bar that causes me to tap out before the usual end of the technique.

Aftermath: Bruised foot. And, I've got a gorgeous bruise on my right forearm, probably from the previous week's Hiki-otoshi

0 comments: