3.24.2008

Friday Night at the Dojo - 3/21/08

Aikidokas: Tim, Randy, Larry, and Trey.

Ukemi: Full ukemi warmup. Went well. No big falls.

The Walk: Went ok. Remembered what I forgot during the demonstration.

Releases: Went ok. I know we did some explorations of them , but I can't remember what we were exploring.

Techniques:

Worked, as uke, with Trey on Oshi-taoshi.

Worked, as tori, with Trey and Larry on 1, 2, 3 and 5 of Owaza Ju Pon. The footwork is very similar on all of these, so once I got it down for one, I had fewer issues on the rest. I did still manage to screw it up. I was getting too far off-line.

Did the aikinage left and right side. Too much muscle and too much movement on the footwork. Small circles are necessary.

Aftermath: Bruised foot seems to be getting better. Did I break it, or something similar?

0 comments: