2.11.2008

Friday Night at the Dojo 2/8/08

Aikidokas: Tim, Randy, Larry, Greg, Kim and Trey Sensei Raymond was on the sidelines.

Ukemi: Ukemi went well. Completely freaked out on first warm-up roll. I landed safely, but merely by chance, I think. Big falls were cool.

The Walk: as usual

Releases: with Larry. We played around with only left-sided and with tori starting with hands in a neutral position. Weird. Got chided for improper posture from Sensei Raymond.

Techniques:

Larry and I spent the evening working on 17, 16, 15, 14 and 13. In that order. With me as tori.

We spent a lot of time working seeing Larry's reaction to the off-balances and seeing his recovery steps. I need to extend him to a corner on the initial off-balances for the last 4.

For Hiki, the second off-balance needs to continue along the line of the first off balance. Then I disappear.

For Sumi, the second off-balance is about 90 from the first and gake is about 180 degrees from the second off-balance.

Mae-otoshi seems to fall in place after the first off-balance.

The first off-balance for Shiho is the same as the other three.

Aftermath: None of note

0 comments: