2.18.2008

Friday Night at the Dojo 2/15/08

Aikidokas: Tim, and Randy. I had two Nanadans all to myself.

Ukemi: Ukemi went well. Getting pleasant reviews on the big falls

The Walk: Not tonight.

Releases: Not tonight.

Techniques:

I wanted some work on 17, Hiki-otoshi, left-sided. So, we spent some time working through the entry and getting up to gake.

After that, we spent the rest of the evening on hand randori. There are times I feel I'll never get the hang of it. And, when working with the Senseis, it's more likely to feel that way than not. They're just so damn good at it.

Whenever I manage to get the upper hand, I know it's because they're letting it occur. Still, it's a learning tool. And, I supposedly need to be somewhat competent at demonstration-time. They don't do any on-mat review of hand randori capabilities during the demonstration.

Aftermath: None of note

0 comments: