2.19.2008

Saturday Afternoon at the Dojo 2/16/08

Aikidokas: Tim, Randy, Jeff, Gail, Richard, Trey, and Wellington

Ukemi: Ukemi went well.

The Walk: as usual

Releases: None

First order of business, after The Walk, was a dry-run of Trey's demonstration. He had the choice of either me or Richard as uke and chose me. Little did he know that this was not a dry run demonstration, but the real thing.

We went through The Walk, releas4es for both him and me and then the first 5 techniques. He did very well. I don't think I screwed him up on too many things.

Techniques:

Trey and Wellington served as my ukes as I worked my way down from 17 to 13 left-sided. We did some playing with off-balances and compared them with the ones with which Larry feels comfortable. There are differences. We need to get with Larry and see if they work for him or not.

Aftermath: No new mats, yet. They are supposedly in town and due to be delivered Monday (yesterday, as I'm posting this on Tuesday).

0 comments: