4.12.2007

Wednesday Night at the Dojo 4/11

Aikidokas: Sensei Tim.

Ukemi: Not bad. Got a lot of work on basic rolls. Keep the trailing foot barely touching the ground. My step is a little shorter than it should be on the right side. Big falls were fun, as usual, but some were not as soft as I'd like.

The Walk: per usual. Tried to widen my stance.

Releases: Worked with Tim, all evening.

We worked on having releases stopped by uke, and recovering from that occurrence. There's always a door that opens if uke applies his weight, or strength, to keep you from doing something.

We also worked on moving from the releases into techniques, concentrating on techniques 1-6.

A key point was to continue uke's motion until he reacts to that continued motion. If he doesn't react, drive him into the ground.

This was a very brain intensive evening. My brain fried with about 30 minutes to go, so there's no telling what I've forgotten.

Aftermath: Bruises are getting better.

0 comments: