4.10.2007

Star Destroyer, destroyed

My dear wife gave me a Lego Imperial Star Destroyer kit several years ago. We spent many hours working on it together.

There was just one problem with it. It's huge. It requires a space about 3'x3'x2' to be displayed. There's just one space in our house where it could fit comfortable: the dining room table. Yes, that location has issues. Who wants to eat dinner with something that could tractor beam your mashed potatoes off of your plate. Not me. Not Kim.

After a couple of months of moving from place to place in the house, it was start to lose some of its integrity. Pieces were falling off and getting chewed on by the animals. I had to disassemble it.

It took a couple of hours, but all of the pieces are in ziploc bags. I don't know if we've got all of them, if we didn't, it's some of the little decorative pieces. The structural pieces should all be there. I don't know if we'll ever put it together again. If we do, I'll have to make a display case in the new shop for it.

That and the Rebel Blockade Runner that I have yet to assemble. Apparently the kit is out of production.

0 comments: