1.18.2007

Wednesday Night at the Dojo 1/17

Aikidokas: Tim, John, Martin, and Shiela.

Ukemi: Got some help from John on pop-up ukemi.

The Walk: nothing unusual.

Releases: Worked with John. Really tried to work on getting off-line. The additional distance John supplies as uke really helps. We both had issues, fixes were simple, but will probably need to be relearned next time. :) Let uke take you around, don't force the pivots. The forced pivots come into play later in Yon Kata.

Techniques: Worked with John and Martin.

Kotehineri: Worked with John. He did some explaining of hand positions, etc. that helped.

Tenkai Kotehineri: Worked with John. Worked on timing and feeling when my next step needs to happen. I have a tendency to think I'm early when I'm just barely not late.

Kotegaeshi: spent a lot of time working on it with Martin. About 30 minutes, I think. I made some progress and am now getting a throw on about 50% of attempts. Key factors to prevent me from getting the throw: being early going from first off-balance to second off-balance, grabbing uke's wrist instead of letting it flow into my hands as we transition from first off-balance to second off-balance. Must also remember to extend out and not down for the throw.

Aftermath: nothing of note

0 comments: