1.26.2007

At least they're not hurt.

My in-laws came into town yesterday for a 3 day stay to visit the dentist and join us at a meeting with the builder for the apartment. About the time I would normally head out to aikido, they were on their way to a local furniture store and then the grocery store.

While sitting in a center left turn lane to go to the furniture store, someone came along and ran into them head-on. My in-laws were stopped and the other vehicle was just getting started, so the impact was not high speed. Even so, their car will need, at least: a new front passenger door, right front fender, front bumper, radiator.

They, thank goodness, were not seriously hurt. The airbags did not deploy, so there are no related injuries. The only thing they complained about last night were one sore knee each. I hope today brings no further aches.

The lady that ran into them said she hadn't been in an accident since 2 months after she got her license which was probably about 20 years ago.

I'm glad I was at home and not at aikido so I could go pick them up and help them finish their shopping.

0 comments: