1.02.2007

Back at the grind

The winter vacation is over. I had a couple of days in which to get things accomplished, but most of the time was predestined for getting ready, taking part in, or recovering from family events.

The tree, 3 types of cookies and gifts all needed to be prepared before Christmas day. We'd done precious little baking in the preceding weeks, so I did a rash of baking on one day to get me partially in the mood for the holiday. I did some late night package wrapping and some constant "hope the item arrives in time for Christmas" worrying.

We had Christmas at our place and then at my sister's place. The next day I helped my in-laws figure out how to work one of their gifts and dropped the truck off for some more repair work.

I think I had Wed., Thurs., and Fri. to do some stuff not really scheduled. I got some work on taxes done, some entering of books into my database and some filing of books into their proper shelves. Did some more shopping and watched the completely forgettable "Triplets of Bellville". Also went to aikido on Tues., Wed., and Thurs.

Saturday was up to Plano for the big family Christmas. Sunday: drive back home with a stop at the in-laws for more consultation on their new VCR/DVD device.

Monday was the dojo New Years and then trying to help Kim get rid of her fever. Chicken broth and a bunch of afghans seemed to do the trick.

I'd like another week of time off. Please?

0 comments: