1.26.2007

Cinnamon rolls

I tried to make cinnamon rolls a couple of time this week, but had had no luck. Testing the yeast revealed that it needed to be replaced. I use instant yeast, not the active dry stuff that most recipes call for. My usual cookbook, The Bread Baker's Apprentice, uses that in its recipes so that's what I buy. It comes in bricks similar to what you can get coffee in, so there's a fair amount and it lasts a while, so I've gotten used to buying it.

Anyway. I picked up a new brick after aikido on Wednesday and made the rolls last night. I'm, glad that the dough was just rising when my in-laws' car wreck occurred or it would have been another failed attempt.

They completed baking around 10:15 pm and we each had one. Everyone enjoyed them. I even thought they were half-decent. The dough was good. I probably should have put in more cinnamon-sugar and raisins would have been nice. I couldn't find any raisins while rolling them out, though.

I didn't try one this morning to see how they hold up. I guess I'll have to see if anyone had one this morning and get their opinions. I'd hoped to get a picture of the entire batch to put up here, but the wreck threw off my thinking.

0 comments: