7.04.2006

Tuesday Afternoon at the Dojo 7/4

Attendees: Keith, Robert, and Oliver.

Ukemi: Kind of off. My body is twisting as it's falling. I need to correct it. Did a fair amount of ukemi, had a couple of rough landings and stopped.

The Walk: ok.

Releases: With Robert. More fine tuning.

Robert started to teach me techniques 6 and 7 (Oshi-taoshi and Ude-gaeshi). Worked through it bit by bit and had some success. My big toe is bothering me for the right side technique: I can't get the kata form of the arm bar at the moment. Maybe next week.

Worked with Oliver a little on his Gyakugamea-ate and came up with a good way for shorter folks to accomplish that throw on me: off-balance, a *really* good eyeflahs and then use the collar of my gi to complete the throw. It worked quite well.

We alternated Gyakugamea-ate for him and then Oshi-taoshi for me. Back and forth, left then right.

Keith did a little more demonstrating and on one of the demonstrations he caught my shoulder in a position that caused me to cuss out loud. That caused my fingers to lose feeling. After stretching and attempting to clear the feeling it was still there so I bowed out.

Still. 3 hours of aikido today. A nice, long session. Twice as long as normal. We'll have to see how the arm is tomorrow for class.

Aftermath: Sore toe, tingling fingers, sore shoulder, sore body. Time for Naproxen Sodium.

tag :

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy late 4th of July. ANd i really don't understand like half of what u say when u write these things.