7.11.2006

Monday Night at the Dojo 7/10

Attendees: Randy, Keith, Robert, and Oliver.

Ukemi: Working well this evening. Did one attempt at rolling up from ukemi. Not bad for a first attempt.

The Walk: ok.

Worked with Oliver quite a bit. I uke'd for his Shomen-ate. He uke'd for my Oshi Taoshi. He's really close on the Shomen, I'm not certain what he needs to tweak to start getting the throws. I did ok on the Oshi. Also did a little work on ude gaeshi.

We then spent some time on, I think, Ni Kata. A number of these involve collar grabs. There's a "heaven and earth" throw that I like and I roll-out throw with which I was pleased. Taking the ukemi successfully, that is. On the right side. Didn't do left side.

Aftermath: Keith said he had someone apply the technique to him that tweaked my shoulder. He noted pain. So, it's not just me. you have to be careful with the technique. Shoulder's still a little iffy. Other than that, just sweat. A vigorous workout with Oliver.

tag :

0 comments: