2.16.2006

A Night at the Dojo

Attendees: Sensei Tim, Stan, Greg, Igor and John (a partially blind black belt)

Forward rolls: worked on the right side. Seemed to be doing well. I didn't work on the left side as there was no room for the crash pad. The other folks were doing bigger warm-up throws and rolls.

The Walk: Stupidly went to the back. I need to stay in the middle so I can see someone at all times.

Releases: 1 through 8 with Igor, John was watching and instructing. John provided some mnemonics to help with remembering them.

Shomen-ate: A few passes. I've got to keep "unbendable arm".

Aigamae-ate: A few passes. "Unbendable arm" is the problem here, as well.

Gyakugamae-ate: Shadowed through this one. Hand to bridge of nose seems a little risky.

Repercussions: No real problems, even though my falls were more percussive than I'd like. Worked up a bit of a sweat.

tag :

0 comments: