2.14.2006

A Night at the Dojo

Attendees: Sensei Randy, Stan and Greg. Greg and Stan worked on getting ready for their belt tests this Friday. I worked with Sensei all night.

Forward rolls: worked both sides, right more than left. Got a couple of good ones on the right. Got chastised by Sensei for not bringing out the crash pad more often for the left.

The Walk: I joined Greg and Stan in this while they did this part of the belt test prep. Tough because they were behind me on some steps and I, stupidly, did not position myself near the mirror. Worked with Sensei on foot positioning and figuring out some of the stones.

Releases: 1 through 8 with Sensei as uke. Did ok. Need to work on foot positioning on the pivots.

Shomen-ate: No work.

Aigamae Ate: No work.

Sensei showed me some Ueshiba-style techniques. We're generally a Tomiki-style dojo.

Repercussions: A slight ache of the left shoulder.

tag :

0 comments: