8.01.2010

Aikido Saturday Afternoon - 07/31/10

Aikidokas: Tim, Trey, Brad and Dan.

Ukemi: I got  full warm-up set in, no big falls.  I watched over Dan some.  I think we may have had some light bulbs go off on his right side rolls.  We'll have to see what the next time brings.

The Walk: Twice. 

Releases: None.


Techniques:

I worked with Brad on Hiki-taoshi  and Ude-hineri.  He's doing really well on Hiki-taoshi.  He's having trouble with the arm bar for the finish. That's not surprising.  It's only the second one in the curriculum and it's not an easy one.

Ude-hineri was good for the first time looking at it.  I tried to let him feel the motion of uke rocking back and forth, let him see what his happening with my feet and what he should be looking for.


Trey and I then worked on 1, 2, 3, and 4 of standing Koryu Dai San no Kata.  He did pretty well.  He had them 80-90% nailed by the end of the afternoon.

Aftermath: None of note.  Just tired.

0 comments: