4.12.2010

Aikido Saturday Afternoon - 04/11/10

Aikidokas: Tim, and Trey.

Ukemi: Full warm-up, no big falls.

The Walk: None.

Releases: None.

Techniques:

Trey and I did some work on Ju Nana Hon Kata, the first 17.  I was horrible.  I knew I would be.  It's been a year since I've really done any work on them.  Trey had some issues as well, so I wasn't alone in my horribleness.

We did a little playing with Owaza Ju Pon, and some Koryu Dai San standing: some of the techniques we did on Friday night. 

We then did a some work on the second technique of the kneeling Koryu Dai San, Gyakugamae Ate.  It's one of my favorite techniques, uke attempts a hammer strike to the temple, but before he even gets close, tori angles into him and across uke's shoulder, causing him to fall over.  We played with angles and timing.  Trey got one really soft and effective rep in.  I can't wait for more.


Aftermath: None of note.

0 comments: