12.08.2008

In the shop

I spent a fair amount of time in the shop this past weekend and got some minor things accomplished.

My uncles spotlight platform has been cut, routed and sanded and is ready to hand over to him.

I've finished a stop block for the table saw. It took me a couple of tries to get this right. I had to properly drill for the elevator bolt and get the insert to seat properly.

I got the drill press up and running. It had not been set up since the end of the construction. Once I got it set up, the table would go up, but it wouldn't go back down. So, I had to take everything off again and oil/wax the pipe the table wraps around. After that it worked like a champ.

I also did some work on the plumbing for the skimmer I had modified. It's just about in final, ready-to-use shape.

0 comments: