12.15.2008

Aikido Saturday Afternoon - 12/13/08

Aikidokas: Tim, Kim, Trey, and Brad.

Ukemi: Normal set, I did take a couple of big falls with some extra padding out.

The Walk: As usual. Once at a moderate pace and once at my more preferred slower pace. And I spent some timer with Tom working on the last three stones.

Releases: with Brad.

Techniques:

Ju Nana Hon Kata

Brad and I did some work on his shomen-ate and his aigamae-ate.

Koryu Dai San No Kata

Trey and I worked on kote-gaeshi and Ryote-mochi-sukui-nage (Uke grabs both tore's wrists and stands. Tore lifts arms, off-balancing uke, then turns uke into roll-out). I must remember to push uke up, and not out. Then rock him back and make certain both of my legs rotate at the same time to send him sprawling.

Aftermath: None of note.

0 comments: