5.19.2008

Friday Night at the Dojo - 5/16/08

Aikidokas: Tim, Randy, Kim, and Trey.

Ukemi: No big falls. Full complement of left- and right-sided otherwise.

The Walk: Forgot the second pivot stone, momentarily. That messed up Kim and Trey.

Releases: With Trey. Went ok. Get off-line, push and follow

Techniques:

3 and 4 for Trey. I work as tori once for about every 5 times Trey served as tori. I was not moving well at the beginning, not getting off-line. That quickly improved and I was managing to complete the techniques.

Trey noted I wasn't getting much eye-flash on gedan-ate, so I beefed up that portion and got a little better flow from the technique.

We also did some duck-in-the-middle knife avoidance work. A nice precursor to full out randori, neither of which we do very often.

Tim got thrown around by Kim all evening. He would later report that it was a two-Aleve evening.

Aftermath: Slightly sore ankle.

0 comments: