12.08.2006

Thursday Night at the Dojo 12/7

Aikidokas: Oliver and Joey.

Ukemi: A little work on the new rotator roll. Improving, little by little.

The Walk: Counted for the group. Once in Japanese and once in Czech. Got some of the numbers wrong for a while in Czech and then corrected them when my brain corrected the verbal rhythm

Releases: Worked with Joey. He's now worked on 1-5. Good improvement.

Techniques:

Worked with Oliver

Shomen-ate: First off-balance was better.

Gyakugamea-ate: went ok.

Gedan-ate: Not as good as last night, my continuation of intent of eye flash was faulty.

Ushiro-ate: what a bloody disaster. I need to continue through and not try to continue up. Pivot around mid-humerus.

Oshi-taoshi: push through the ear, don't row uke's arm.

Ude-hineri : went ok. Need to apply pressure to uke's elbow to encourage the fall. I had too much distance between myself and uke after the pivot.

Waki-gatame : went well. On left side I raised my arms out of center and it was not nearly as smooth as it should be.

Aftermath: No new pains from this session. Sensei Raymond was mildly surprised to hear that Oliver and I were working toward my demonstration. He'd heard nothing. *puzzlement*

0 comments: