12.05.2006

Monday Night at the Dojo 12/4

Aikidokas: Randy, and Keith.

Ukemi: A number of big falls tonight. I think the main problem, that results in garuma-ish endings, is I look towards tori's center when taking the fall. If I look to my center I'd bet I correct the issue.

The Walk: Not tonight.

Releases: Not tonight.

Techniques: Since it was just Keith and me, we worked on my 1-10 to start prepping for my demonstration.

Shomen-ate ::: ok

Aigamae-ate ::: ok

Gyakugamea-ate ::: ok

Gedan-ate ::: ok

Ushiro-ate ::: need more intent when meeting uke

Oshi-taoshi ::: as usual my first attempt for the night the first off-balance was lacking. Footwork needed tweaking.

Ude-gaeshi ::: Footwork needed tweaking to enable the pivot required

Ude-hineri ::: more flowery. Extend uke's arm above his head and not to his side after the takedown

Hiki-taoshi ::: allow uke to pull me through. Continue pushing throughout. Get hand position, but don't force uke to bend his elbow

Waki-gatame ::: maintain shoulder level

Aftermath: None of any note. Ankle is still bruised/swollen. Might be next Monday before I try the evil rolls again.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

her's is miyoka@gmail.com
:-D