1.27.2020

Dining out - Savannah Cafe & Bakery

Friday's lunch experience was Savannah Cafe & Bakery, at the corner of Hwy 3 and Clear Lake City Blvd (just a bit southwest of the actual intersection).  This is not a new place for me.  It used to be a regular haunt as I worked about 100 yards from them for a number of years.  I'd classify it as an expanded tea room.

This is my first time back in a number of years.

My regular order: the St. Regis (sliced pork sandwich with a raspberry vinaigrette), a cup of Tortilla Soup, and a slice of Key Lime Pie.  The sandwich and soup were fantastic, as always.  The pie was just not outstanding.  Any Key Lime that is that green is just wrong to me.  The flavor was ok, but the texture was a little off for me.

I don't think I've had many issues with their wide variety of cookies, cakes, and pies.  This one just did not hit the right notes with me.

The total for the meal came to around $16, with the tea.

0 comments: