1.27.2020

Dining out - Nacho Nachos

A week ago Friday's lunch experience was Nacho Nachos, across the street from King's Biergarten in Pearland. The food is what you would expect from the name: Nachos. The menu listed in the restaurant is different than the menu on the website, but just in options, not in theme.  This is a counter-service Mexican joint along the lines of Freebirds but with nachos instead of burritos.

I've passed this place so many times, as well as their food truck, and I've meant to stop in any number of times.  Today was the first time. 

You've got 3 options as the base for your nachos: chips, greens, or fries.  I chose chips.  You can then choose from a variety of proteins, veggies, and sauces while they assemble it in front of you.  I chose fajita chicken, grilled onions, and pico.

I'm used to nachos along the lines of Bennigan's Ultimate Nachos and the nachos at the Jalapeno Tree.  Nachos with liquid cheese are not my thing.  So, I think I'm just the wrong client for Nacho Nachos.

The total for the meal came to around $11, with the tea.

0 comments: