1.10.2020

Dining out - Hyde Park

Back in the NASA area with my job, I hope to be able to restart this occasional series of dining reports.  I plan on reporting on mostly restaurants I have not been to before, but the occasional old standby by may show up.

Today's lunch experience was Hyde Park, just east of the railroad tracks in Webster on Nasa Rd 1.  From the name, I expected a British pub.  the interior them and music had me thinking Jamaican.  The food is high-quality pub food.  They have a pizza oven for pizzas.  They also offer apps, sandwiches, and mains.

I walked in today around 11:15 and am the only customer in the place.  I grab a seat and a menu is promptly delivered.  It appears to be a moderately stocked bar, with a decent number of taps.  Nothing to compare to their sister restaurant next door, Nobi Public House, but still a good number.

I decide on the brie alfredo.  The kitchen is out in the open, so I got to hear conversation from the cooks and see them preparing the food while waiting.  It took a little bit of time for me to get my order, but they were making the pasta and sauces right then, so it was fresh.  And it tasted fresh.

The plate came with the pasta, sauce, spiced shrimp, tomatoes, andouille sausage, peppers, and bread for a little sauce sopping.  It was good!

I ordered bread pudding for dessert and it was fabulous, as well.

People, try this place.  It's good.

Total for the meal came to just around $26, with the tea.  $15 for the pasta, $7 for the bread pudding, and $3 for the tea.

0 comments: