11.30.2016

At the movies - The Accountant

The Accountant - 3

From imdb.com : "As a math savant uncooks the books for a new client, the Treasury Department closes in on his activities and the body count starts to rise."

I went to see this with my sisters and mother the weekend before Thanksgiving.

We came out of the theatre enjoying it moderately.  We discussed it some that afternoon and the next day and picked at it.  I thought the number of reveals at the end were too many too fast.  I also think they could have been left undiscovered for later installments.

The one we had the most issue with was the revelation of Justine's role: we could not figure out how, with the information the movie revealed, Christian ever had the opportunity to develop a relationship with her.

The final bit of the movie is an obvious lead in for sequels, but the basic premise of Christian's situation does not make me interested in further escapades.

I enjoyed it, but won't be seeing further versions in the theatre.


0 comments: