11.27.2010

Central Texas BBQ Tour: Saturday

Up early for the final BBQ stop of the tour.  Snow's, in Lexington, is open only one day a week and they usually sell out by noon.  We decided to have BBQ for breakfast.  We got there about 7:30 and were one of the first folks there.  We sat around in the car (it was a bit chilly) until more folks arrived and it looked like they serving.  Once again, not terribly great BBQ.  I forgot to take a picture here, unfortunately.

Sauce : 2
Brisket : 3
Sausage : 2
Chicken : 3
Pork ribs : 1

We had a little adventure on the way back.  We were driving back to Austin on the way through Elgin and saw a state trooper on the side of the road with his lights flashing.  I tried to pull out of the lane nearest to him, but couldn't.  I slowed down some, but not enough apparently.  Shortly after passing him (and the County sheriff vehicle that was next to him), I saw some flashing lights in my rearview mirror.  I pulled over and had a conversation with the trooper.

Apparently, I was supposed to slow down to 30 mph from 50 mph when passing a scene with flashing lights.

About this time, I see the County sheriff vehicle flash by us and pull over another vehicle.  It appears they had this nice little gig set up for the morning where they would leapfrog each other getting cars who didn't know to slow down enough.

Luckily, I've not received a citation in about 25 years, so the trooper let me off with a warning.  We made it back to Austin without further incident.

We had a couple of hours of downtime and then met up with a good friend to watch the A&M-Oklahoma game at a Pluckers restaurant.  We had a great time and the game turned out the way we wanted it to.

0 comments: