10.05.2009

Aikido Friday Night - 10/02/09

Aikidokas: Tim, Trey, Kim, and Tom.

Ukemi: I did a full warm-up, minus the big falls.

The Walk: Twice, as usual.

Releases: None.

Techniques:

Trey and I spent a lot of time on his Owaza Ju Pon, with him giving me roll-outs since the garuma falls are not a lot of fun. And, on the first one that Trey "got", he did not let me roll-out. And I was not prepared to not roll out and I landed hard. I think it's the 7th or 8th rib on the right side on the back that's not feeling perfect. I had to sit there for a second and regroup. Almost had the wind knocked out of me.

After that, there were no issues. He was, as everyone does, having troubles with Kata Otoshi. By the time we got to Aiki-nage, he was a bit worn out.

Aftermath: Sore rib. Definitely an Aleve night.

0 comments: