7.20.2009

Aikido Saturday Afternoon - 7/18/09

Aikidokas: Tim, Trey, Brad and Sal.

Ukemi: I watched Sal during his warm-ups. He's already moving up to the non-kneeling version of the rolls.

The Walk: Four times, I think, today.

Releases: Worked with Sal on his releases. We managed to get through the first two fairly well

Techniques:

I then worked with Trey, as uke, as he ran through 1-11 of Ju Nana Hon Kata. It went very smoothly. He had a couple of bobbles on Aigamae-ate, as is the current trend, and a couple on Shomen-ate. At the end, kote-hineri, things got a little loose and he let go of me too early. I tried, but failed to keep my head from bouncing off of the mat.

Aftermath: Trying to reduce the strain on the hip. Trey's Ikkyu demonstration is, currently, scheduled for August 21st or 22nd. I've got to be able to take the falls by then. There's a seminar this coming weekend, so I've got to be careful there.

0 comments: