7.13.2009

Aikido Friday Night - 7/10/09

Aikidokas: Tim, Trey, and Tom.

Ukemi: I watched Tom during his warm-ups.

The Walk: Twice, as usual.

Releases: Not tonight.

Techniques:

We spent a bit of time with Tom on "strike-the-dummy" and the moved on to shomen-ate. We're working on reducing the tension in his off-hand, as the current amount of tension tells uke a awful lot about tori.

Then I did some work on some techniques.

Standing Koryu Dai San

1. Kote Mawashi
2. Uchi Tenkai Nage
3. Gyakugamae Ate
4. Kote Kajiki
5. Mae Otoshi

I then worked with Trey, as uke, as he ran through 15, 16, and 17 of Ju Nana Hon Kata. After we finished working on those, we ran through Shomen-ate and Aigamae-ate, briefly.

Aftermath: My wrist is finally (3 months after the massive kote gaeshi day) comfortable, but my hip joint is still troublesome.

0 comments: