7.13.2009

Aikido Saturday Afternoon - 7/11/09

Aikidokas: Tim, Richard, Trey, Brad, Tom and Sal. Our biggest group in quite some time. Richard was there for Jyodo, but came on the mat to help Sal.

Ukemi: Not quite full set. The hip's ok in warmups, most of the time.

The Walk: Twice, as usual.

Releases: Not tonight.

Techniques:

I did some work on some techniques. We were going to do some suwari waza in Koryu Dai San, but my hip is not allowing me to move properly at the moment. I can't put my legs 90 degrees from each other at the moment.

Owaza Ju Pon

1. Kubi Garuma

2. Kata Otoshi - I tried this, but the pivot for the technique is another hip wrenching move at the moment.

9. Ushiro Kubi Gatame

I then worked with Trey, as uke, as he ran through 11 through 17 of Ju Nana Hon Kata. We've not tried roll-outs on a left-sided Hiki Otoshi yet, but we're getting close.

One of the falls for Sumi-otoshi was a little stunning. Trey's grip slipped (whether because of his sweat, or mine, or both who knows) and I landed with no support. The landing was soft enough, but my neck tweaked a little for some reason. (I think I may have been attempting to look for Trey's missing hand.) I really expected that the muscle would lock up on Sunday, but it wasn't too bad.

Aftermath: I hope the hip heals soon.

0 comments: