10.14.2008

Friday Night at the Dojo 10/10/08

Aikidokas: Tim, Kim, and Trey.

Ukemi: No big falls.

The Walk: Went ok.

Releases: With Trey.

Techniques:

We ran through a couple of iterations of Trey's demonstration syllabus. It's looking great. It varies between an 85 and a 95 as a grade, in my opinion, so he will do well when the actual event occurs. That event is scheduled for two weeks from now.

I went through 1-7 of Ju Nana Han Kata and then , at the end, threw Trey with Kote-gaeshi.

I still don't feel I'll be ready for Shodan demonstration anytime soon and I am scheduled to demonstrate at the upcoming seminar.

Aftermath: Ibuprofen. Also, I broke in a new gi this evening. A seersucker gi from Tozando. It was really nice, but quite a bit warmer than my usual one which is about 20 years old.

0 comments: