1.23.2008

Saturday Afternoon at the Dojo 1/19/08

Aikidokas: Tim, Randy, Jeff, Gail, Greg, Trey, and Gary

The Walk: Once

Ukemi: Still turning in on left-sided big falls

Releases: with Jeff. Brutal, absolutely brutal. The style he teaches them at his dojo is quite a bit different than how we normally do them. We did not blend well at all on them.

Techniques:

I served as uke for Gary. Gary's an ex-SEAL who's just recently taken up aikido. We worked on Shomen-ate, Aigamae-ate, and Ushiro-ate. I had a tough time with him the few times I tori'd for him. I did not see the attacks coming.

I like to think he made some progress in understanding the techniques. I know we (Tim and I) pointed out some changes to make: shoulders square, push from your center, etc. We'll see at the seminar in March, I guess. Unless he comes back before then.

Aftermath: None of note.

0 comments: