1.07.2008

Saturday Afternoon at the dojo - 1/05

Aikidokas: Tim, Randy, Jeff, and Gail

The Walk: Not today

Ukemi: No warm-up ukemi today

Releases: None today

Techniques:

I showed up today to serve as uke for Jeff and Gail on various Nidan and Sandan techniques. A whole bunch of techniques. I think we ended up going through about 10 or so.

Some of them were suwari-waza, so I got to uke from my knees for a few techniques. One of the ones I did not do was Kote-gaeshi from my knees. I'm not sure I'm ready to try that yet. I probably can, but don't feel capable.

I'm trying to guess how many falls I took during the 3 hours. I'd guess around 70, but I don't know if that's close or not. Jeff took some falls for Gail, but I took almost all of the falls for Jeff.

On some of the throws, Jeff was cupping my leading hand. That turned a roll-out into a big fall. No problems. We got that corrected fairly quickly.

I do know that my brain was toast at the end of the session, even just uke'ing.

We've managed to come up with a workable mat layout that eliminates a majority of the sliding and iffy footing.

Aftermath: One nice big bruise on my right forearm. I have no idea how it got there.

0 comments: