1.23.2008

Friday Night at the Dojo 1/18/08

Aikidokas: Tim, Randy, Kim and Trey

The Walk: as usual.

Ukemi: Ukemi went well. Left side big falls are still weird.

Releases: with Randy. Very, very slowly

Techniques:

The goal of the evening was to have everyone run through their demonstration techniques at least once. So, I had to run through 17, Kim had to run through 10 and Trey had to run through 5.

Mine were ok. I stumbled through Sumi-otoshi and Hiki-otoshi. I forgot what the 13th technique was (Tenkai Kote-hineri). I was beat by the end of the evening.

About all I remember from the rest of the evening (I went first on the techniques) was Trey's Gyakugamea-ate. He didn't have it first, but he kept drawing me out and drawing me out. He was then able to get the eye flash and make me fall. If that had happened in an actual demonstration, I would have given him a green belt no matter what else happened during the demonstration. It was awesome.

Aftermath: None of note

0 comments: