9.27.2007

Wednesday Night at the Dojo 9/26

Aikidokas: Tim, Kim, Trey and Brad

We've got two new white belts in the dojo! Awesome!

Ukemi: I only took backfalls this evening. Once my physical therapy gets me comfortable with my shoulder's range of motion, I'll start getting back into the grove of rolls.

I helped Brad get introduced to the forward roll.

The walk: Ran through this twice, slowly since we've got two newcomers.

Releases: I helped Kim and Trey work through the first two releases.

Aftermath: Shoulder gave me some twinges throughout the evening, but no serious pain. I took some ibuprofen before bed and slept great. No issues in the morning.

It's good to be back on the mat.

1 comments:

Patrick Parker said...

congrats on your return to practice. take it easy and remember - regularity at practice is more important than intensity