5.11.2007

Animals on the loose

First day of actual construction work and the animals get loose.

Vlad was allowed to stay in the fenced area over the afternoon. Unfortunately, a noisy machine in the form of a skid steer showed up. Vlad apparently tried to get away from the noise and hid under the grill. I didn't find this out until after a couple of hours of searching for him. Once the construction folks went away, he popped out of his hiding place quite quickly.

One of the times going into the house while looking for Vlad, the dogs got loose. I told them both to stop and sit. Jack listened and obeyed! Tank ignored me.

I picked up Jack and dropped him in the house. I then went chasing Tank. He zipped across the street and down a quiet stretch of road. While running down that road, he was able to chat with Bailey, a local Lab. That slowed him down enough that I could get close to him. He then stopped to sniff and mark another lawn and I was able to snag him at that point and carry him home.

0 comments: