1.24.2006

A Night at the Dojo

Tonight's attendees: Stan, Greg (a new face, green belt, not the white belt Greg), Keith and Sensei Randy.

Tasks: Forward rolls (worked on left side for the first time), The Walk, and 1st release (I think).

Rolls: We brought out the big, soft mat (aka queen size mattress) for me to fall onto for the rolls. I'm still jumping as I roll and landing more on my shoulder than I should. I made some progress and rolled with right foot forward for the first time. I've been concentrating on left foot forward to just get something right. Keeping my hands together during the roll was a valuable training device.

The Walk: Spent more time on the pivoting section of the walk, making the motion fluid and keeping an unbendable arm.

1st release: With help, realized why last week's work felt too soft: I was not keeping my hand in my center. With that change, and bringing the off foot next to the power foot while pivoting, I was creating off-balances. It felt like something was actually happening.

0 comments: