10.31.2016

Weekend update - WFC2017 Trip Report

Friday:

Up at 3 a.m.
Flight at 5 a.m.
In Columbus, Oh. around 10:30
Caught the airport circulator bus to downtown and the Hyatt.
Checked in to the hotel
Picked up my registration materials and headed to the Art Show
Dinner was at Bareburger a nice burger/beer joint just a couple of blocs from the hotel/convention center.
Went to the Mass Autographing.  Ended up getting 3 signature when I expected to manage only 1 (Peter Straub, Jane Yolen and Mercedes Lackey)

Saturday:

Breakfast at North Market (Cinnamon rolls and donuts, there does not appear to be a good diner in the downtown area)
Get dressed up in my Steampunk Samurai outfit for pictures with Squidly
Got lots of comments on my outfit
Dinner with Kimm, Renee, Jonathan, Meg, ?, Sharon Shinn at the Happy Greek - quite good
Artists' reception until 11 p.m.

Sunday:

Breakfast at the hotel
Closeout of the Art Show
Helped soem at the WFC2017 membership table
While sitting at the membership table, one of the attendees came up to me and said I was easy on the eyes and eye candy.  One of the most unusual encounters I've ever had in my fandom career
Sit around the Art Show chatting until time to catch the bus to the airport
Flight out of Columbus at 8:30 p.m.
Arrive in Houston 11:40 p.m.
Home at a little after midnight



0 comments: