10.27.2012

Aikido Friday Night - 10/26/2012

Aikido players: Tim,and Brad

Ukemi:

Full warm-up set

The Walk:

Twice, as usual.

Releases:

We made it through the sixth release tonight.  We spent about 30+ minutes on the 6th release right side.  It was actually interesting uke'ing for it with my eyes closed.  Brad and I were able to detect, by the end of the session, when it was going wrong.  It was interesting feeling the use of muscle, feeling the slight rotation of the arm that caused muscle to become involved.

An enlightening evening, even though we didn't cover a lot of stuff.

Techniques:

None tonight


Aftermath:

My right knee made me stop the class early. I think it's related to me attempting to start knee walking.  I did not actually complete one knee walk step, just tested my knee to see whether it was doable.  The knee has decided to complain vigorously.

0 comments: