7.13.2012

Aikido Thursday Night - 7/12/2012

Aikido players: Troy, Sal, and Brad

Ukemi:

None tonight, my knees are wonky and I want to let them rest

The Walk:

Not on Thursdays

Releases:

Not tonight

Techniques:

Sal and Brad worked on 1-3. Troy worked on 6-8. Brad got locked up on the hip switch Aigamae-ate. Sal was preventing uke from falling on Gyakugamae-ate. Troy was chicken-winging on Oshotaoshi.

After 15 minute stretching and ukemi, I tried to get 3 reps on each side for each technique for each student. I managed to get a couple of extra reps in in some situations and ended the class right on time.

I don't know if it's better for me to stay out and have the other folks work together or to split up into two sets of two. I did jump in a couple of times to feel what was going on and offer suggestions.

Aftermath:

Darn knees.

0 comments: