6.02.2008

Friday Night at the Dojo 5/30/08

Aikidokas: Tim, Randy, and Trey.

Ukemi: Took a big fall, right-sided. Landed weird on the left calf muscle and it complained. This is annoying. The fall feels ok otherwise.

The Walk: Went ok.

Releases: With Trey.

Techniques:

11-17 left-sided for me as tori. 1-10 for Trey as uke, left-sided.

Worked out some problems for Tenkai kote-hineri for me. I need to continue pushing. Got some compliments on shihonage for following uke properly.

On the first attempt of hiki-otoshi I did not "disappear" properly. Second attempt was much better.

On mae-otoshi, Trey clued in to the fact that I could have directed his fall anywhere I wanted.

Sumi-otoshi was ok. Trey side/back-falled out of it instead of a big fall. That indicates I was a little late changing directions.

Aftermath: Very sore left calf muscle. Pulled? Strained? Bruised left knee cap. Probably from an oshi-taoshi fall with Trey as tori.

0 comments: