11.19.2007

Saturday Morning at the Dojo 11/17

Aikidokas: Tim, Kim, and Trey

The Walk: as usual.

Ukemi: No issues. Still not taking standing right-sided.

Releases: none today.

Techniques:

Randori and Blum line drills. A very free form day at the dojo.

The first part of the randori was just get off-line. 3 ukes and one tori in the middle moving off-line from each of the attacks. Next phase was altering uke's path as you moved off-line during their attack. The third phase was attempting a technique as you move off-line.

Tim was able to find the problem I've had ever since getting back on the mat: I am getting too far off-line. Making too big of a step. I think this will help me tremendously, as long as I can remember it.

I got brutalized on a couple of falls during randori, but the discomfort was short-lived and not related to the shoulder.

Aftermath: none of note. 500th post. Wow!

0 comments: