11.13.2007

Monday Night at the Dojo 11/12

Aikidokas: Randy, Kim, and Trey

The Walk: as usual.

Ukemi: Forward Rolls!!! I did left-sided kneeling and standing. I did some right-sided kneeling. No issues!!

Releases: We did some work with the new approach to releases that came out of this weekend's ATAA Technical Board Seminar. The new approach is to be used on the odd number releases. And it's mainly for the introduction of new students to releases.

The intro to students will have them doing releases statically, with uke clamped down on their wrists. Tori will then start the release by doing a center drop and rotating around his elbow. Previously, tori would rotate around his wrist.

Techniques:

Shomen-ate: Trey and I both worked on this technique. Still having issues, but he did nail it a couple of times.

Aigamae-ate: Trey worked on this technique. Nailed it a couple of times.

Gyakugamea-ate: Trey worked on this technique. Nailed it a couple of times.

I ran through the following with Randy while Trey and Kim worked on more of the first 10.

Mae-otoshi: I managed to succeed on both left and right side. Randy considered me proficient in the technique for the evening.

Aftermath: Kim had another good evening. Mine wasn't too bad, either. Shoulder complained a little after the session. I meant to take some ibu, but forgot.

0 comments: