9.27.2017

Aikido Tuesday Night - 9/26/17 - Wasabi Dojo

Aikido players:

Randy, John, Adam, and Laura

Ukemi:

Normal slap.

The Walk:

Not tonight

Releases:

Not tonight

Techniques:

Adam and I both worked on our Yon Kata.

Then, we did a dry run of Adam's Sandan demonstration.  And it was pretty good.  Since Randy was there, we knew it would not be as good as last week's.  Still, about an 82% or so.

I made some comments as we ran through it and had him repeat some techniques.

Then we ran through it again.

I got some pointers on improving my attack on one technique.  I was over-committing and it was not allowing Adam to do the technique properly.


The technique is shown starting at 1:41 in the below video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg1z3LlqEoc.

Commentary:

This is the last class that Randy will be at for the foreseeable future.  He's moving to the Fort Worth area.  One of my 3 "foundation" senseis.

0 comments: