4.15.2008

Ring Day

My Aggie Ring got stolen last year when our house got burglarized. I'm sure they got a minute amount of money for it, they're not easily resellable. It had to get melted down.

Anyway, these rings can only be purchased through the Association of Former Students at scheduled times. I got the money organized and placed my order.

You could go to A&M for the Ring Day festivities or have the ring sent to you via UPS overnight. I originally planned on going up to A&M for the festivities, but the schedule was going to be very tight and I would have just been up there the previous weekend. So, I changed my mind and had them send the ring to me. It cost me less than the gas to travel there.

It arrived and it was gorgeous. Kim and I did the ceremonial dropping in to a glass of beer. I then drank the beer until the ring came rushing at me, at which point tradition dictated I was allowed to put the ring on. It fit perfectly.

I feel whole again.

0 comments: