3.09.2020

Dining out - Pop Top burgers

Friday's lunch with K was at Pop Top Burgers (NASA 1 and Bay Area).  Pop Top's genealogy is the owner used to be a cook at Tookie's (or Stomp's, don't remember which).  But, I think the ownership has changed recently.  The owner used to be a Hispanic lady but now appears to be an Indian couple.

Anyway, they specialize in burgers and offer fries, thin onion rings and thick onion rings (ala Tookies).

K and I went in around 2 pm on Friday and were the only customers in the place.  The service was good.  I asked about desserts of the day and they responded that their only dessert currently was the deep-fried Oreos.

K and I both ordered the Wine Not Burger.  This is a takeoff of Tookies "99".  Patty marinated in wine and then cooked up and topped with cheese, onions, etc.  served on a brioche bun  We also ordered a side of the thick-cut onion rings.  Everything was good, and the delivery of the food was pretty quick.

If I'm in a bit of a rush and in the mood for a burger fix, this is the place I would hit in the area.  If I have more time, I'll drive out to Tookies.

0 comments: