3.02.2020

Dining out - Pierogi Queen

Friday's lunch experience was Pierogi Queen on FM 518 just west of 45.  I've been eyeing it for a long time.  They're tucked almost into a corner of the shopping center.




This is a tiny joint - 5 tables, 20 chairs. They had a TV going, softly and the radio going as well

The menu is Polish.  Pierogis and Pickle soup.   I order 6 pierogis, with a mix of flavors and then a Blintz for dessert.  You can get your Pierogis boiled, with bacon or pan-fried with onions.  I chose pan-fried.  The 6 pierogis was a little light for me, but the dozen would have been too much.
The total for my meal came to about $20 with tip. $7.50 for the pierogis, $5 for the blintz and a little bit more for ice tea and tip.

I talked it up a K and we stopped by on our way home from dinner Saturday night and picked a couple of batches of frozen pierogis to have at some point in the near future.  I think a meal of Granger sausage and pierogis sounds fabulous.


0 comments: